Environmental Expert Shares Solutions for
Creating a Sustainable World
Ellen Moyer, Ph.D., P.E.
Ellen Moyer, Ph.D., P.E., believes we can repair the environmental crisis we’re in and create a sustainable way of life — in an enjoyable way. She is an environmental consultant, author, speaker, and artist with a B.A. in anthropology, M.S. in environmental engineering, and Ph.D. in civil engineering.
Dr. Moyer is a registered professional engineer as well as a U.S. Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional. Her work focuses on sustainability, natural resource protection, economics, pollution prevention, and environmental cleanup.
Dr. Moyer authored numerous articles and 3 books. Readers are loving her book, Our Earth, Our Species, Our Selves: How to Thrive While Creating a Sustainable World, an Amazon bestseller released in December 2016. She is a regular contributor to The Huffington Post.
Dr. Moyer is available to speak for:
Colleges and Universities
Environmental Organizations, Associations, and Companies
Sustainability and Green Design Conferences
- We Can Thrive While Creating a Sustainable World, Beginning Today – It’s easier than we might think, and what’s more, we can thrive while doing so.
- Cost-Effective Solutions to the Climate Crisis – 5 significant and simple solutions that do not require citizen sacrifice.
- Shatter the Doom and Gloom, 9 Reasons to Hope – Dr. Moyer shares why we should be optimistic and excited about the future.
- Lessons for Environmental Leadership – How One Person Transformed an Open Sewer into a Swimmable River
- More story ideas available at:
“Dr. Moyer brings a rare combination of evolutionary perspective, knowledge, experience, insights, and ability to effectively articulate the interdependent challenges we face. She has inspired us with an empowering and practical approach for how individuals, organizations, and societies can thrive while helping to create a more sustainable world. I highly recommend her!” – Ajay Kathuria, PE, Manager, Louis Berger (a $1 billion professional services corporation)
“Your talk was the best talk I have heard on climate change because it offered so much hope. You got past the doom and gloom and gave real guidance on simple things we can do right now – as individuals and as a society. Ellen, we CAN do it. We just HAVE to do it!” – William Young, Adjunct Professor, Temple University and University of Pennsylvania
Ellen Moyer, Ph.D., P.E.
Click here to download or print a copy of the above one sheet.
Right click here and save to download an image of the cover to Our Earth, Our Species, Our Selves.
Click here to download a four-sentence bio.
“Ellen Moyer’s summary of the themes in her book provides a first-class overview of the challenge of climate change and a number of concrete things that you—and we—can do about it. Moreover, Ellen is an engaging presenter—one who has earned credibility through successful climate activism in her home community.”
“Ellen gave a compelling and well-received talk about creating a sustainable world. Our group of knowledgeable and active attendees at Green Night appreciated this chance to hear from an expert and discover how to be more focused and effective in taking action.”
Ellen Moyer’s extensive speaking experience includes:
- Co-presented more than 100 seminars in North America and Europe about assessing and remediating soil and groundwater contamination
- Presented more than 60 sessions explaining biological groundwater treatment technology to environmental consultants, contaminated site owners, and regulatory agency officials
- Co-presented a three-day course on soil remediation to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers personnel
- Lecture about green design, sustainability, and climate change to university undergraduate and graduate students
- Deliver platform presentations at environmental conferences
- Moderate environmental conference sessions and regulator panel discussions
- Provide testimony at public hearings and the Massachusetts State House about the impacts of burning wood and waste to generate electricity and the importance of forests in mitigating climate change
- Deliver commentaries on New England Public Radio
- Perform radio and television interviews